This morning I called Solomon Airlines to ask if Tim’s flight would be coming in from Vanuatu. I was surprised when they said it was due in around 1 pm.
A while later I received a phone call from Tim. He is fine and he was letting me know that the airport in Port Vila (Vanuatu) is not open so he won’t be coming today. At this point we have no idea how soon he will be able to get home.
I’ve seen tweets about Australia and New Zealand sending it aid today, so maybe military flights will start to get into the country.
While we wait, I am thankful Tim is ok and trust that he will be here sometime this week.